WHY THE CZECH REPUBLIC
- Long tradition of quality education: High quality education and research, especially in Sciences, Engineering and Medicine, has a long tradition in the Czech Republic. The Charles University in Prague was founded in 1348 and is the oldest university in the Central Europe. Quality assurance of various activities of higher education institutions belongs to the main priorities of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports.
- Diverse range of study programs: Czech universities offer long-standing reputations, unique conception and interesting specializations. Students can come for a short study visit or to complete their degree in a wide range of traditional as well as newly-emerging disciplines.
- Offer for international students: Over 42,000 foreign students are studying at Czech higher education institutions and their interest is growing as the offer of study programs is increasing. Czech universities are more and more involved in a wide range of international cooperation activities and programs taking place in the European Union and other countries.
- Safe location in the heart of Europe. Studying in the Czech Republic puts you in the middle of Europe and you have a great chance to discover all European countries and places you might otherwise not have had the opportunity to visit. The Global Peace Index 2016 placed Czech Republic as the 6th safest country in the world.
- Cultural experience and fascinating history: Due to its geographic location the Czech Republic is situated in the intersection of many cultures. The country's culture was historically formed mainly by Slavonic, German (Austrian) and Jewish influence, which resulted in a rich Central-European culture heritage and lifestyle. The Czech Republic is sure to entertain you in between your studies!
- Lower costs of living: The costs of living in Czech Republic are not as high as the cost in Western Europe and the life is thus more affordable.
Would you like to study in the Czech language? Higher education at public and state institutions is free of charge for you if you study in Czech! By law, higher education at public and state institutions is free of charge for citizens of all nationalities, however private institutions of higher education can fix their own fees. It is a really good reason for studying this language, isn´t it?