SCHOLARSHIP FOR YEAR PREPARATORY COURSES
The deadline for submitting the Application form is extended until 9.02.2018.
Prague Language Institute supports gifted students and gives you a chance to win a scholarship for year preparatory courses to continue higher education in the Czech republic for free!
Prague Language Institute proposes once again the scholarship contest to reward young, bright students and to open the doors of the best Czech Universities for them. Thanks to the Prague Language Institute’s scholarship the graduating students from high schools and universities have the possibility to get a decent education in the heart of Europe. The winner will get 3000 euro for the year course of Czech language to prepare for entering a state Czech University and to study there for free. After finishing our intensive preparatory courses students enter the top universities of Prague and the Czech Republic and get the higher education for free, which is possible for foreign students who have an advanced level of Czech language.
1st prize 3000 EUR
grant for any year preparatory course
2nd prize 2000 EUR
grant for any year preparatory course
3rd prize 1000 EUR
grant for any year preparatory course
To register for participation in the scholarship contest it is necessary to fill in and send the Application Form via e-mail to email@example.com
. The personal photo in .jpeg format and the scanned copy of identification document must be attached to the e-mail.
Download Rules and regulations of scholarship contest.
Download Application form.
- The applicant must be a graduate student from a secondary school, gymnasium, lyceum (or any other similar educational institution), a graduate student from a secondary specialized college, of a bachelor’s or specialist’s study program. (If the applicant is not a graduate student, he/ she must guarantee that he/ she has a possibility to come for studies to the Czech Republic in the school year 2018/ 2019).
- The applicant must demonstrate academic excellence and/ or achievements in cultural, sport or community life.
- The age of the applicant must not exceed 23 years old.
- The applicant must own a foreign travel passport (or its equivalent) at the moment of announcement of the results.
- The applicant must not have any criminal convictions, judicial precept that could limit leaving abroad.
- The applicant must have e-mail, the Skype account and high-speed Internet access to be able to undergo a personal interview.
Rules and regulations of Scholarship contest
1 round of the contest
- The scholarship is awarded on competitive base.
- Evaluation of competition works is made by special Committee comprised of the employees and teachers of Prague Language Institute (later in the text “Institute”). Institute has the right to invite third parties to the evaluation process.
- To register in the scholarship contest the applicant must submit the Application Form in the time period December 1, 2017 – February 1, 2018, 23:59 CET (Central European Time). Apart from the Application Form the applicant has the right to attach any complementary documents (certificates, diplomas, letters of recognition) as an archive (.rar, .zip). The works of the applicants not registered in the scholarship contest will not be regarded by the Committee.
- The applicants must join the Institute’s groups or communities in one or several social networks. In any chosen way the applicants must place the information about their participation in the scholarship contest in any social network account (Vk.com, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) with the hashtag #PLIgrant2018. The link to the post or to the profile in a social network where the post has been published must be indicated in the Application Form.
- The applicants who have sent the Application Forms for the scholarship in due terms, must submit the competition works no later than February 4, 2018, 23:59 CET.
- The contest consists of two rounds. According to the results of the first round the worthiest applicants will be shortlisted for the second, final round where the Committee chooses the winner and the awardee of the contest.
The applicant must send:
1) The essay
, in the essay please explain: “How can studying abroad shape you as a personality?”
2) The applicant’s portfolio
which demonstrates previous and present achievements in study, cultural, sport and other arias (detailed description further on).
The results of the first round of the contest will be announced to the applicants via e-mail no later than February 11, 2018, 23:59 CET.
2 round of the contest
The applicants who have been selected for the second round, will be interviewed by the Committee members via Skype video-conference. The second round will take place from February 12, 2018 to February 15, 2018
. The applicants will be notified about the date and the time of the personal interview in advance. The applicant who is late for the interview or who misses the appointed time is excluded from the contest.
Following the results of the personal interview the shortlist of prize contenders is made. The Committee has the right to set additional assessments or interviews with the shortlisted applicants, of which the applicants will be informed via e-mail. According to the results of the second round the winner and the awardees of the contest will be announced.
The results of the contest will be announced on February 21, 2018.
- The competition works must be the applicant’s own work. The applicant is responsible for the content, quality and authenticity of information provided in the competition work. The work sent to the contest will be checked automatically for the uniqueness. The Committee will disqualify works in the case of actual or apparent plagiarism. The uniqueness of the work must be not less than 70%.
- The scholarship can be used by a grant holder only as payment of his /her studies in Prague Language Institute and cannot be received in money terms. The winner of the scholarship gets 3000 euro, the awardee for the 2nd place gets 2000 euro and the awardee for the 3rd place gets 1000 euro. Grant holders have the right to use their scholarship for partial payment of one of the year long-term courses of Prague Language Institute designed to prepare students to enter Czech state universities and study for free. The scholarship can be used by a grant holder only in the academic year 2018-2019. The information about year long-term courses of Prague Language Institute can be found on the company’s website.
- The grant holder must comply with all timeframes set by the Institute. If the winner or the awardee does not reply to the e-mail sent to him/ her by the Committee before the terms set in the e-mail, his/ her privilege is passed to the next shortlisted candidate.
- The grant holder must sign the Contract of studies with the Institute and pay the necessary pre-payment in 15-day period after his/ her announcement of his/ her intention to use the scholarship.
- The grant holders will be expected to follow the Institute internal rules, engage in Institute activities and events as well as contribute in further promotion of Institute Scholarship contest.
Requirements to the essay:
Essays are accepted in the .doc and .docx format. The size of the essay should be not less than 1800 and not longer than 3000 of printed characters (with spaces), the font – Times New Roman, point 12, spacing 1,5. The essay must be written in English.
Requirements to the applicant’s portfolio:
The personal portfolio of applicant’s achievements should be presented as a video clip (.MP4, .MPG, .MOV, .WMV, и .AVI formats, duration not longer than 3 minutes).
The competition works will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
• applicant’s achievements in studies, cultural, sport and community life;
• creativity and originality in performing the task.